Game HROT Free Download
Genre: Action, Indie, Early Access
Release Date: 29 Jan, 2021
Early Access Release Date: 29 Jan, 2021
About This Game
HROT is a single-player retro FPS set in a small socialist country neighboring Soviet Union (Czechoslovakia) after an unspecified disaster in 1986. Those times were dark and terrifying and so is the game.
You start in a civil defense shelter deep under a Prague Metro station. As a proud holder of the military readiness badge you know what your duty is: put on a non-functioning gas mask, load the vz. 52 pistol and protect the peace and your socialist homeland from the strange intruders*.
- The classic gameplay and vibe of romeric shooters from 1990s including a fitting brown retro aesthetic.
- You’ll find a shotgun, a vz. 13 SMG, a rocket launcher and even some secret experimental Soviet battery-powered weapons (e.g. a ball lightning launcher). If you run out of ammo, you might find the hammer and sickle coming in handy.
- Handcrafted levels inspired by real locations with an emphasis on historical details. Every level contains socialist paraphernalia which nowadays can only be found in museums or your grandma’s attic (Eastern Bloc only).
- Flushable toilets and destructible light bulbs.
- A custom engine written in Pascal imitating 1990s software-style rendering with unfiltered textures and polygon jitter.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4400
- Storage: 200 MB available space
[ Direct download link (PC) ]